Well, we did it.
We laughed. We cried. We escaped at least 15 minutes worth of frivolous time-sucking Buzzfeed quizzes, which is no small feat in Internetlandia.
High five, fine friends because together we’ve successfully completed the official Sew Adorkable Blog Hop Book Tour!
*get up and jazz hands all around your bad self right now!*
If you are like my dear mom, you’ve followed along and read every single tour stop’s post (thanks mom and all the rest of you!). I want to take this opportunity to thank each of my guest bloggers for doing such a stellar job of reviewing my book, creating wonderful adaptations of all the projects and for featuring any and everything adorkable in their posts.
If you missed any, you can find each stop in all their permalinkable glory here:
09/14/15: C&T/Stash Books
09/16/15: Generation Q Magazine
09/18/15: Sew Timeless
09/21/15: The Fire Science Blog
09/23/15: Art School DropOut
09/25/15: Craft Buds
09/30/15: Crafty Planner
10/02/15: Modern Handcraft
10/05/15: Imagine Gnats
10/07/15: May Chappell
10/09/15: Nancy Zieman
10/16/15: Sew Sweetness
10/23/15: Schmancy Toys
10/26/15: YOU ARE HERE! (this SK blog post)
Just for kicks, here’s a quick look at some of my very first concept sketches for three of the book projects, coupled with their final finished versions:
I adored every aspect of making this book. My objective is to inspire creativity – no matter how dorky or punny or foolish it is – and I hope you find it a meaningful and fun addition to your bookshelf!
Okay, enough of all that warm and fuzzy nonsense…on to the good stuff! By that I mean it’s giveaway time! But not just any giveaway….this is some GRAND-PRIZE-firework-explosions-of-prizes-all-over-the-place kinda giveaway.
Here’s what’s up for grabs…drumroll, please!
NOTE: There are TWO Grand Prizes. You MUST follow the rules exactly to be eligible or your entry will be disqualified. Don’t say I didn’t warn you, friends!
#1 GRAND PRIZE – OPEN TO US RESIDENTS ONLY
Prize package contains:
1. Courtesy of Gen Q: 1 subscription to Generation Q Magazine!
2. Courtesy of Dritz: A child’s dress form!
3. Courtesy of Olfa: An Olfa rotary cutter!
4. Courtesy of Nancy Zieman: 1 pkg Trace ’n Create California Bag Template Collection • 1 pkg Trace ’n Create Town & Country Bag Template Collection • 1 Stack ’n Store Bobbin Tower • 1 pkg Fuse ’n Bind • 1 pkg Wrap ’n Fuse Piping • 1 pkg Create-a-Strap • 1 pkg 1-1/2” Create-a-Strap
5. Courtesy of Pellon: 1 pkg Pellon® 805 Wonder-Under® • 1 pkg Pellon® SF101 Shape-Flex® • 1 pkg Pellon® PLOFT16 Perfect Loft® Cluster Fiber Fill • 1 twin-sized pkg Pellon® Nature’s Touch 100% Natural Cotton Batting w/scrim
6. Courtesy of Timeless Treasures: A fat eighth set of Timeless’ Pop basic fabric!
7. Courtesy of AccuQuilt: A $25 gift certificate to AccuQuilt!
8. …AND A HARDCOPY OF SEW ADORKABLE, courtesy of C&T Publishing!!!
#2 GRAND PRIZE – OPEN TO RESIDENTS WORLDWIDE
Prize package contains:
1. Courtesy of Spoonflower: 3 yards of any Spoonflower fabric!
2. Courtesy of Aurifil: A large spool collection of Aurifil thread!
3. …AND A DIGITAL COPY OF SEW ADORKABLE, courtesy of C&T Publishing!!!
The Rules: please FOLLOW THEM!
1. Tell me your name.
2. Tell me the country you currently reside in. [if you don’t, I can’t enter you, because I must know which prize you’re eligible for, and I want you to have a chance to win!]
3. Tell me which stop on the Sew Adorkable tour was your favorite AND WHY (never forget the ‘and why’ part!).
The #1 Grand Prize winner and #2 Grand Prize winner will be selected at random; one by each of my two children pulling names out of a hat old school-style, which is great because they’ll both get a turn which should eliminate any complaining and crying about fairness. And that’s win-win all by itself.
Contest closes at 12:00noon EST, Friday, October 30, 2015.